DB4 error?

Noll Janos johnzero at johnzero.hu
Thu Apr 22 14:59:16 EDT 2004

Hi!

Le ven 23/04/2004 à 12:32, Craig Ringer a écrit :
> > ------------
> > Apr 21 11:07:19 lmtpunix[16815]: DBERROR db4: Logging region out of
> > memory; you may need to increase its size
> > ----------
>
> If you can, I'd stop the master and then run db_verify on deliver.db. I
> wouldn't be surprised to see it fail.

 Thank you, I'll try that next time.

> When I encountered deliver.db corruption, I simply stopped the master,
> verified the deliver db (it was corrupt), moved deliver.db and the
> contents of the db/ directory out of the way, and started the master
> again.

 Yes, I do know the "quick solution", but the problem keeps coming back
every few days...

> I'd also take this opportunity to save a plaintext copy of the mailboxes
> list with 'ctl_mboxlist -d > /var/imap/mailboxes_`date -I`.txt' (or
> similar).

 I'm not using Berkeley DB for mailboxes, but that's another story :-)
 So I don't fear that.

 With Cyrus 2.1.16 and DB3 (3.2?) I didn't have this problem.

 I do use a "custom patch" that lets me place the delivery database in
another directory (that's symlinked to another partition), but I don't
think that's a problem...

--
| Noll Janos <johnzero at johnzero.hu> | http://www.johnzero.hu |
| "Expect the unexpected!"    |   ICQ# 4547866   |  Be free! |