cyrus and Spamassassin bayes rules

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Apr 25 12:08:12 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-25 at 23:26, Robin M. wrote:

> I have also been considering setting this up. I was thinking of having a
> globally shared mailbox which users can 'drag' spam into. The dragging
> could also be a 'report as spam', or 'this is not spam' button. I was
> thinking of making the accss lists on the shared folders so that users can
> post but not read to the shared folder.

You may also wish to prevent users from deleting items from the folder.
While this makes it harder to clean up items accidentally added, it
prevents a user from "cleaning up" - as they're so wont to do.

> I have tested spamassassin on the
> cyrus mailbox for learning and there is no problem doing that, but how can
> I delete the messages after a learning session, without doing a rebuild,
> or maybe that is the best thing to do.

You could use Cyrus::IMAP in Perl to delete all messages and expunge the
folder. It's also possible to move the messages and reconstruct, but I
prefer to do it via IMAP when possible personally. You could also script
imtest to do the deletion - possibly fairly easily. There's also Python
and libimap, though your authentication options with that are limited.

BTW - any ideas on how hard it would be to add SASL support to Python's
imaplib? I'd really like to be able to use Python for my Cyrus admin
tasks, but without SASL it's a lot less useful than it could be.

Craig Ringer