cyrus and Spamassassin bayes rules

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 28 10:18:42 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 23:57, +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Scott Russell wrote:
>
> > I'm looking at setting up a DSPAM + Postfix + Cyrus solution here as
> > well. I have to wonder about the advantages of setting up a shared spam
> > folder for the system though.
>
> Oh, not that it really matters, but we're using Postfix + amavisd-new
> to call ClamAV, McAfee uvscan, and SpamAssassin. Overall, it seems to
> be doing pretty well.

I thought about this but we don't need the virus checking on the IMAP
server since we have it on the smtp servers. Looking at DPAM it seemed
just as easy and sane to integrate it directly with postfix instead of
slipping amavisd-new into the mix.

I would be interested to hear more about the spam/ham training folders.
How do you (or others) keep users from deleting them, for example? It
seems a per-user folder solution would be the most intuitive, for both
the user and the client interface.

I assume a script solution would look something like this and run say
once every other hour or so.

1) get a list of users
2) check for is-spam folder
3) feed any contents of is-spam folder into bayes db for $user
4) remove contents of is-spam folder
5) repeat steps 2-4 for the is-not-spam folder
6) move on to next $user

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>
Linux Technology Center System Admin