empty the duplicates databaes

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Wed Apr 28 13:33:59 EDT 2004

Checkpoint lays down a marker of 'all transactions up to this marker are
complete and in the tables'  recovery finds the last checkpoint, does a
consistency check, then runs the transactions remaining after that forward
until it gets to the end of the transactions logs.

--On Wednesday, April 28, 2004 16:01 +0200 Pieter Vanmeerbeek <pv at able.be>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>> Pieter Vanmeerbeek wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can anyone tell me how to empty  the duplicates database ? I found
>>> out that cyr_expire -E days  allows to erase  duplicates older than
>>> days days.
>>> But this doesn't work with days equal to 0. Is there some other trick
>>> to empty the duplicates database?
>>

>> Using days=0 will leave all entries.  The closest you can get to with
>> cyr_expire is days=1.  If you truly want to empty deliver.db, then
>> stop  the server, checkpoint (and possibly recover) the BDB
>> environment and then remove deliver.db.
>>

> This works fine ,thanks. Although I do have one question left. The
> *ctl_cyrusdb allows *to checkpint with the -c flag and to recover with
> the -r option. From what I understand checkpointing is needed to have a
> good backup if something goes wrong. And the recover restores all
> database files from the latest checkpoint. But what happens with changes
> or new mail received between the last checkpoint and failure point?
>
> kind regards,
> Pieter
> *
> *
>
> --
> aXs GUARD, internet communication solutions
> do IT safe, do IT with aXs GUARD
>                                             Able NV
> Leuvensesteenweg 282 - B-3190 Boortmeerbeek - Belgium Phone: + 32 15
> 50.44.00 - Fax: + 32 15 50.44.09
> Mobile: +32 497 44.52.52
> http://www.axsguard.com
> http://www.doITsafe.net
>

> --
> aXs GUARD has completed security and anti-virus checks on this e-mail
> (http://www.axsguard.com)
> ---

Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you
have to worry about; it's the twenty thousand-odd rounds
labeled `occupant.'"
   --Murphy's Laws of Combat