Problem with pop not marking messages as read

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Wed Apr 28 22:17:56 EDT 2004

I'm having a bizarre problem with the latest domain that I have moved to Cyrus.

In total, I have 17 domains and somewhere around 3000 users running off a Cyrus
Murder setup using virtual domains, ldap, and a bunch other stuff.

This latest domain I migrated users current mailboxes (just your normal
/var/spool/mail file) via piping it to formail and cpmsg, then runnign
reconstruct -r user/username and then quota -f to fix their quota. Now, a user
logs in via pop in Outlook (or Express), with "leave on server" left on, it
downloads their mailbox as normal. Now, when it's complete, if they hit
Send/Receive again, it'll redownload a random amount of them (rarely the entire
mailbox). The first time it may download the last 10 messages (causing doubles
to appear in Outlook). The next it may redownload the last 50 messages.

Any help would be appreciate. Users are driving me nuts :p

Lenny
--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"