database recovery...

Scott Adkins adkinss at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 10 09:58:25 EDT 2003

Well, I am not sure that it is something bizarre going on with the mmap()
method that configure chose at compile time.  I still have to do some
testing, but I am not really convinced that the 27MB/28MB sizes are tied
in to mailboxes.db being nearly the same size.

So, what kind of things would cause the process to grow?  If a user makes
a connection to IMAP, it starts out small.  Does the memory footprint grow
as they open and close folders, reading in the various cyrus files listed
in that particular folder?  I imagine that if somebody had a really big
folder (like the many around here who never delete their mail), could that
drive the footprint up a bit?

With process resuse, especially with 250 connections per process, I can
imagine that the older process will be the ones that are much bigger.
Anyways, it is really hard to pinpoint on the system.

Scott

--On Wednesday, September 10, 2003 9:28 AM -0400 Rob Siemborski

      Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
   UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:adkinss at ohio.edu
        ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
     PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/