Auxprop - auth via UNIX passwd

J.D. Bronson jeff_bronson at wixb.com
Fri Sep 12 23:01:48 EDT 2003

I am looking to see what I am doing wrong. I want to allow any pop3/IMAP
users to simply authenticate via the standard solaris UNIX password file.

I use the sasldb file for sendmail to authenticate for RELAY only.

I cannot get this to work!!!! - as long as the user is added with
'sasldbpasswd2' then they can check email....

In my setup, all users are actually valid unix users.

My imapd.conf contains:

# more imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: yes
quotawarn: 80
lmtp_overquota_perm_failure: yes
imapidresponse: yes
popminpoll: 2
admins: someuser
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop

I used the following when I built cyrus:

Cyrus Imap 2.1.15
Cyrus SASL 2.1.15

any pointers will be appreciated!

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA