OT: HEADS-UP: viral storm out there

Nigel J. Andrews nandrews at investsystems.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 17:51:08 EDT 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> This is off topic and is a cross-post, so I'll be brief. There is a very nasty virus out there and I urge everybody to get their AV in order. The virus is known as: "W32.Gibe-F" or "W32.Swen-A".
>
> Yesterday, I got cca. 200 viral messages.
>
> Today, it's about 800 viral messages!
>
> I suspect that a lot of viral traffic directed to me is coming from users on one of the lists I'm crossposting to. Check yourselves.

Yes, this one seems particularly productive, from nothing late yesterday to >50
an hour now for me. Damn annoying, it's not as though I can do my sarcastic
emails to sys admins telling me forged emails are from me.

On a side note, my new work place lost all internet services earlier in the
week when a virus got in and shutdown the DMZ network. Seemed near
instantaneous as well. Workstation alarms went and DMZ went offline. Nasty and
costly.

--
Nigel J. Andrews