virtual domains

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Sep 22 10:54:22 EDT 2003

Danny García Hernández wrote:

> Hello, i´m trying to install a cyrus-imapd-2_2 server with virtual
> domains support.  Right now i have a server (cyrus-imap-2.1.9) with this
> support, using mysql and one cyrus.conf file by domain. Also, I have
> separated imap directory  for each (/var/imap/example1.net and
> /var/imap/example2.net)
>
> I  was reading into cyrusv2 docs that a new clause was included into
> conf file to give support for virtual domains. Can any one explain me
> how mail boxes are create into separated  domain directory?.

Unless you want to know what it looks like in the filesystem,
doc/install-virtdomains.html should tell you what you need to know.

> Doing tools/mkimap in my new system, create some subdirectories under
> /var/imap but user and quota directories are missing.

In 2.2, all of the user meta-data directories are created on the fly,
that is why mkimap doesn't do it.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127