stuck lmtpd processes

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Sep 24 18:50:27 EDT 2003

Rob,

I've just ran into this problem again.  This time I have the gdb backtrace
of both the lmtpd process trying to get the lock and the imap process
holding the lock.  There is nothing new in the lmtpd backtrace.  Here is
the imapd backtrace:

0x402ae3c4 in read () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt
#0  0x402ae3c4 in read () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x40111fc4 in TXT_DB_version () from /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6
#2  0x41754277 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x62416b47

So I'm a little stuck here.  I don't know enough about gdb to find out
what it is actually trying to read from, although the network seems like a
reasonable guess.

If there is anything useful you want me to dig out of this, let me know
before 5pm PDT today.  After that, I will kill the imap process so things
clear up.

	Andy