"+details" delivery

Denis V. Suhanov den at suhoff.ru
Fri Sep 26 18:18:30 EDT 2003

I've  already asked for help with the "+detail" delivery and (thanks a lot, Rob) I got an answer on that:

> As  long  as  sendmail isn't stripping what is between the + and the @
> this  should  be easy, just give "anyone" the "p" right on the folders
> in question.
>
> Then rjs3+foo will file into user.rjs3.foo

I  tried  that  and  added  the "p" right (lam user.* anyone p) - didn't help. I tried to add/remove the FEATURE(`preserve_local_plus_detail') to my sendmail.mc - does not make any difference. I googled around but did  not  find  anything  that would have helped me with that.

I assume that my sendmail  does  not  strip off the details from the addresses, because I receive   the   letters   in   my  INBOX  with  as  'user+details'.  The /var/log/maillog  does  not  show  anything  suspicious  (and  logs  theuser+details addresses, by the way):

Sep 26 15:00:08 station sm-mta[8275]: h8QM07Eb009927:to=<user+Drafts at domain.org>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=cyrusv2, pri=30713, relay=localhost, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

I have nothing special in my sendmail.conf:

define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')dnl

MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
MAILER(cyrusv2)dnl

I am really sorry for disturbing you guys again with the same question, but what elase I should check? Is there something I can read about proper set up of sendmail for detailed delivery?

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Best regards,
 Denis                          mailto:den at suhoff.ru