Sieve interface for spam filtering scripts?

Patrick Welche prlw1 at newn.cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 1 12:30:07 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 12:33:01PM +0300, Alexandros Vellis wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 00:33:33 +0100 (BST)
> "Mike Brodbelt" <m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > > Squirrelmail has a sieve plugin. Maybe give that a try ;)
> >
> > I'll second that. I'm using Squirrelmail and the sieve plugin in
> > production, and can vouch for it.
>
> In my TODO list there has been an entry for "ready-made" rules for a
> long time; I'm planning to implement this probably in the next (major?)
> release. It will essentially let the user click on "Add Spam Rule" or
> something equivalent, and an administrator-defined spam rule will be
> created in a snap.
>
> I'm still looking into the options that this kind of simplified rule
> could offer to Joe User, or any other possibilities for "ready-made",
> site-specific rules, for that matter.

Now realise I sent a pointless reply to an earlier message..

Just one note for avelsieve, the original poster mentioned "X-Spam-Status: Yes"
and X-Spam-Status doesn't appear in the headers array of config.php, at
least not the version I have. So, for those who don't feel like editing
config.php, could a text box for typing the header name be feasible in
avelsieve, rather than just the drop down menu for headers?

Cheers,

Patrick