Murder Authentication Methods

anthony mayes anmayes at siue.edu
Wed Oct 1 15:24:04 EDT 2003

We would like to implement a murder including 2 frontends and 3+
backends in a switched (or vpn) environment.  After reading the
cyrus-info archives and the documents included in the Cyrus source, we
are unclear about the authentication process between the front and the
back ends.  We would like to avoid using Kerberos if at all possible
being as we do not have an existing Kerberos installation.  What
authentication methods would be best suited for this environment?

--
Anthony Mayes
UNIX Server Administration
anmayes at siue.edu