lmtp connect problem

Jon Johnson somedude262 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 20:01:49 EDT 2003

oh okay, that's good enough for me. I only wanted to run it under xinetd, cause it seemed like when i started it from master and then added a user, it didn't recognize that user right away, maybe I will just have to reload it when i do that, or maybe that was something else entirely and not related to that. Anyhow yeah, excellent!

jon

Patrick Morris <pmorris at wilshire.com> wrote:
Jon Johnson wrote:

>I have cyrus running ok when I call it as
>"/usr/cyrus/bin/master &" , but when I try to run it
>from xinetd, I get messages that say
>"connect(/var/imap/socket/lmtp) failed: Connection
>refused" and mail doesn't get through.

The short answer: Don't do that. Recent versions of Cyrus aren't meant
to be run under an inetd daemon. Use master.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.