About mailbox's upper case

Jason Sopko jason at sopko.net
Sun Oct 12 13:57:30 EDT 2003

Kai wrote:
> How can I let Cyrus ignore  the case of mailbox ? I mean ,I want
> Cyrus treating the upper case's mailbox and lower case's mailbox as the
> same recipient if their spelling are same.
> Any advise would be appreciated.

Another way of getting around this is to have your MTA rewrite the
address to all lowercase. I use postfix and have a regular expression
virtual_maps file to do this:

in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
virtual_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/virtual_regexp

in /etc/postfix/virtual_regexp:

This will take any username and change it to lowercase before handing it
to cyrus.  I'm sure other MTAs can do similar things, so it may be an
option for you. Good luck.

///Jason