Moving mail to a new machine

Earl R Shannon ershanno at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Oct 14 08:45:31 EDT 2003

Hello,

If its just you, ie, one account, the easiest way would probably been
to simply drag and drop folders from one account (machine) to the
other. This would of course require that both machines be up and
running, which it sounds like you have.

Failing that, what you need to realise is that a directory is not
a folder. In order for a directory to be a folder it must be in
the mailboxes database. Getting the entry there would depend upon
the type of database you are using. I usually use the cyrus admin
tool or the Perl IMAP::Admin module to create folders.

Regards,
Earl Shannon