ipurge to use -d as receive date and not sent date

Carsten Hoeger choeger at suse.de
Tue Oct 14 09:12:34 EDT 2003

Hi,

I recently sat down over a customer bug report and found out, that ipurge uses
the sent date (which is what is in the Date: Header of a mail or the offset
OFFSET_SENTDATE) to determine the age of a single message. The problem with
that is, that there's an increasing amount of messages (sort SPAM) with dates
in the far future and therefor these mails won't get deleted using ipurge.

A short look at the source made me try to use OFFSET_INTERNALDATE (from
imap/mailbox.h), which seems to do what I want, deleting mails which had been
received n days ago.

Is that assumption right, or do I have to reckon some strange side effects?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger