[Exim] AUTH= support for lmtp transport

Pat Lashley patl+cyrus at volant.org
Wed Oct 15 13:12:27 EDT 2003

--On Wednesday, October 15, 2003 09:45:18 AM -0700 "Kevin P. Fleming"
<kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com> wrote:

> To each his own... These sites have no "more knowledgeable" users, and
> don't have any intentions of using any MUAs beyond Outlook Express. In
> another situation, sure, what you're describing makes sense.

It's never a good idea to assume that all of your users will remain
completely clueless...

There is another big advantage to my method - it requires absolutely
no coding, no need to maintain a patchset or attempt to get a patchset
integrated into the distribution.  Just manually add an explicit
'anyone p' ACL to every existing mailbox and every new INBOX you
create.  It will be inherited automatically by any new sub-mailboxes.
(INBOXes have an implicit 'anyone p' which is not inherited.  Making
it explicit will enable the inheritance.)

-Pat

than not to think at all"
"To teach superstitions as truth is a most terrible thing."
                                                 -Hypatia  370(?)-415 AD