Cyrus-IMAP and Squirrelmail

Javier Cano Linares javiercano at universia.net
Tue Oct 21 07:17:39 EDT 2003

Hi there!

I explain my problem. I am using squirrelmail webmail to access Cyrus
mailboxes in a debian GNU/Linux machine. I am using Postfix, MySQL and
Webcyradm as well. I use webcyradm to create the users.
There are two usernames schemas in Cyrus. One using prefix for the
usernames. For example, these usernames would be like test0001,
test0002, test0003... The other schema use the mail address to name the
username. For example, jcano at universia.info has the username
jcano.universia.info.
I had no problems using the first schema (prefix) with Squirrelmail. The
problem is when I use usernames like jcano.universia.info, I can not
create folders through Squirrelmail (permission denied). Why?
I give you some information about the configuration:
CYRUS/WEBCYRADM
	/etc/imapd.conf
		unixhierarchysep: yes
	/var/www/cyradm/config.inc.php
		$DOMAIN_AS_PREFIX=1;
SQUIRRELMAIL
General
-------
1.  Domain                 : universia.net
2.  Invert Time            : false
3.  Sendmail or SMTP       : SMTP

IMAP Settings
--------------
4.  IMAP Server            : localhost
5.  IMAP Port              : 143
6.  Authentication type    : login
7.  Secure IMAP (TLS)      : false
8.  Server software        : cyrus
9.  Delimiter              : .

Cyrus keeps user's mailboxes in folders like this:
/var/spool/imap/j/user/jcano^universia^info/
I can read the mail of this user (jcano.universia.info with email
jcano at universia.info). But Squirrel can not create new folders. This
problem does not appear with the other usernames schemas.

Any help would be very worthy!
Thanks!

--
	Javier Cano