execvp

guildencrantz at mindless.com guildencrantz at mindless.com
Wed Oct 22 16:44:53 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I recently moved my lovely Cyrus server (on a RedHat 9 box) across the country (Boston, MA to Boulder, CO) and now, somehow, I appear to be missing execvp.

When trying to connect to the imapd server I get the message that saslauthd was unable to connect.  Fine.  When I try to launch the saslauthd sever I get this:

[root at ophelia log]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/saslauthd start
Starting saslauthd: execvp: No such file or directory [FAILED]

A quick locate for execvp turns up:

[root at ophelia init.d]# locate execvp
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/POSIX/execvp.al
/usr/share/man/man3/execvp.3.gz

So, it appears that the execvp program is missing.  I tried to find this file on the net, but have been unsuccessful.  Is this part of a package that I can download, or is there any suggestion for where I can find this file.

Thanks,

~~Guildencrantz

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers