Cyrus 2.2.1 Beta using virtual domains

Erik Dörnbach doernbach at elge.de
Thu Oct 23 03:45:50 EDT 2003

Hello list,

I have a few questions regarding a possibly common scenario, hopefully someone can point out some trouble I might run into before I hit the wall.

We are in the progress of setting up a new Debian GNU/Linux based mailserver, SMTP will be no trouble at all. I figured it would be best to keep all those pop/smtp only users out of the system as much as possible and change them over to a sealed approach. Cyrus fits fine in this category from what I understand. I definetly need POP3/SSL, IMAP/SSL would be just considered a bonus.

Now the trouble starts - this mailserver is responsible for about 30-40 domains, each with around 10-20 users. From what I understand, currently only Cyrus beta is capable of using virtual domains? When will Cyrus reach a stable release which can use virtual domains, or the other way around - is the current beta stable enough to be used on productivity systems?

Especially in regards to Debain, are there any 2.2.1 .debs available?

What are you recommandations?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this...

Cheers,

Erik