sieve/vacation From line?

andrew.caird at fccc.edu andrew.caird at fccc.edu
Thu Oct 23 14:53:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Ken Murchison wrote:

> > Ken,
> >   Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, I'm using v2.1.5 (the -BETA
> > tag scared me away from v2.2 for now).  I was hoping that the "easy
> > way" was an extra option in the vacation syntax, like:
> > 	:from "andrew.caird at fccc.edu"
>
> Feel free to add it as a local modification, but since its not part of
> the current Sieve/vacation draft, we probably won't add it to CVS.  You
> could also suggest such an addition on the ietf-mta-filters at imc.org
> list, but I'm not sure how it will be received.

I doubt I'll attempt to add that functionality, the simple work around
here is put everyone's login in LDAP as an additional email address.

I'm sure it wouldn't be well received, it's sort of a dicey idea.
Certainly open to abuse (put someone else's address in there, or a typo,
etc.), and sieve doesn't have the concept of "safety-on vs. safety-off",
the safety is always on in sieve, otherwise it could be an "administrative
option" and not an "end-user option".

Thanks again for the discussion.
--
Andrew Caird