sieve/vacation From line?

Pat Lashley patl at volant.org
Thu Oct 23 15:29:25 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, October 23, 2003 14:53:38 -0400 andrew.caird at fccc.edu wrote:

> I doubt I'll attempt to add that functionality, the simple work around
> here is put everyone's login in LDAP as an additional email address.
>
> I'm sure it wouldn't be well received, it's sort of a dicey idea.
> Certainly open to abuse (put someone else's address in there, or a typo,
> etc.), and sieve doesn't have the concept of "safety-on vs. safety-off",
> the safety is always on in sieve, otherwise it could be an "administrative
> option" and not an "end-user option".

I'm not sure how the vacation functionality is implemented; but if it
goes through your normal MTA instead of attempting a direct SMTP connection;
then you should be able to have your MTA rewrite the From address on the
way out.  This is fairly trivial with exim; I'm not sure how hard it would
be with other MTAs.

-Pat