Slightly OT - export formats

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Thu Oct 30 09:45:38 EST 2003

mb/cyrus at dcs.qmul.ac.uk wrote:
>>>Can anyone suggest a good format to export this mail into, that will
>>>retain the messages, folders, and folder structure. They're going to try
>>>an import it into Outlook at the other end, so something that Outlook
>>>can read would be good.
>>

> We are assuming that they won't be able to point at your imapd from
> Outlook? If they could, of course they could just drag-and-drop!

They're at a remote office, and they don't have any kind of VPN access.
They're a separate organisation entirely actually - they just happened
to share of office building with us for a short time. As such, it would
be best if I could export the mail, burn it to CD, and post it to them.
I can arrange IMAP access if there's no other way, but it's a hassle I
was hoping to avoid.

Mike.