possible bug in pop3d.c

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 05:53:14 EST 2003

I have been looking at using a better algorithm for limiting the frequency of POP
accesses which is controlled by popminpoll.  Users find the simple check which
applies at present too harsh.

I am relatively new to cyrus and have only been able to scratch the surface of the
code.  However, I noticed an inconsistency in imap/pop3d.c in the use of
mailbox_write_index_header().  At line 1347 of the 2.1.13 version (i.e. if the
interval is less than popminpoll) there in no following mailbox_unlock_index() call.
However, at line 582, there is a following call to mailbox_unlock_index().

Is ther a potential problem here, given that it still needs a QUIT command to close
down the session, which could be some time?

Phil.