mysql auxprop - how did you do it ?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Oct 29 15:33:29 EST 2003

tom at bryntez.com wrote:

> A simple (maybee) question from an ordinary mailserver admin.....
>
> I was following Luc's howto when we configured our new mailserver
> last week - and we compiled sasl according to his howto like this:
>
> Sasl 2.1.15
> ./configure \
> --enable-anon \
> --enable-plain \
> --enable-login \
> --disable-krb4 \
> --with-saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd \
> --with-pam \
> --with-dblib=berkeley \
> --with-bdb-libdir=/usr/local/bdb/lib \
> --with-bdb-incdir=/usr/local/bdb/include \
> --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl \
> --with-plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2
>
> Authentication are done against mysql with pam-mysql and it works
> fine, but It turnes out that saslauthd are leaking memory faster than

Its actually PAM which is leaking memory.  You might be able to work
around this problem by adding '-n 0' to your saslatuhd command line.

> we expected so we are eager to change to the mysql auxprop plugin
> option instead.
>
> Do we have to rebuild sasl with some extra info than above, to get
> the mysql plugin installed ? And if so - do we have to rebuild imap
> (2.1.15) and postfix 2.0.16 as well afterwards ?

I'd suggest grabbing SASL 2.1.16 and using the generic SQL plugin which
supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and in the future Oracle.

You'll want to use the --enable-sql and --with-mysql=<path> options to
configure.  Then read doc/options.html for how to configure your
applications to use MySQL.  You *shouldn't* have to recompile cyrus or
postfix, unless you statically linked SASL.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127