Sieve issue marking messages "Read"

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 3 20:29:39 EST 2003

--On Monday, November 03, 2003 8:01 PM -0500 Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>
wrote:

> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The mail server I use here at Stanford was recently upgraded to include
>> timsieved.  It is running without any local modifications.  I'm now
>> doing testing of its functionality, and I've noticed that for a few of
>> my mailboxes, the messages are marked "read" after being stored into
>> their folder.  Is this a known issue?  Is there something I need to do
>> to prevent this from happening?
>
> The fileinto does not alter the messages flags at all.  You *can* do this
> with the imapflags extension, but by default a fileinto essentially
> behaves as if the message was delivered directly.  This is probably
> another client that is changing the flags.

This is the Sieve version according to the headers in the messages:

Testing 3 different ways of sending mail (mulberry, our webmail system, and
command line unix using Sendmail), I still find the messages end up in
their destination being marked "read" already, using 2 different clients to
read (Mulberry & our webmail system).  I can try the OS X Mailapp tomorrow
as well, but I'm getting the feeling I'm not going to see anything
different.  So the issue still stands, and it still only effects some
folders and not others.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount