sendmail-8.12.6+cyrus-imapd-2.0.17: check presence of the cyrus mailbox during establishing SMTP connection

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Wed Nov 5 11:52:04 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:

> Igor Brezac wrote:
> > On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:
> > [...]
> >>I also thought that "virtusertable like" solutions [periodic dump of cyrus
> >>mailbox data into existing sendmail databases] are the best but most people
> >>had wanted "real time" synchronization.
> >
> > True, this would be a long way of doing things.  Shell/perl/web/etc
> > scripts can automate the process of managing cyrus mboxlist and sendmail
> > maps simultaneously thus keeping the two databases in sync "real time".
>
> IMHO making cyrus daemon servicing also simple tcp based "map protocol" (to be
> introduced in sendmail 8.13) is a better way. I bet it :)

In my opinion it is better if it does more than just the mbox
verification.  I'd like to see the quota check as well.  I am not sure if
the "map protocol" allows for multiple return codes rather than just
yes/no type answer.  Then there is the performance consideration, I would
hope that the "map protocol" allows for a "persistent" tcp connection.

--
Igor