Cyrus IMAPD with LDAP Authentication

Robert robertedstrom at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 11:42:18 EST 2003

I changed the /etc/imapd.conf as suggested.  It now looks like:

        configdirectory: /var/imap
        partition-default: /var/spool/imap
        admins: win9x
        srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
        allowanonymouslogin: no
        allowplaintext: yes
        sasl_mech_list: plain login
        sasl_passwd_check: saslauthd

Do I have to create the user in the sasldb even though authentication should go through saslauthd and ldap?  I tried changing the sasl_passwd_check: saslauthd to sasl_passwd_check: pam and putting and entry in /etc/pam.d/imap, but it still complains about the sasldb2 file.  I really don't get it.  Thank you so much in advance.

Please help.
Bob.