sendmail-8.12.6+cyrus-imapd-2.0.17: check presence of the cyrus mailbox during establishing SMTP connection

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Fri Nov 7 12:55:50 EST 2003

Igor Brezac wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:
>

>>Rob Siemborski wrote:

>>>I agree.

>>>This last one might be very hard, especially if rules are based half off
>>>an envelope bit and half off a header bit.  I wouldn't want to think of
>>>trying to run a sieve interpreter with limited information.
>>
>>Would not it be posiible to interpet only heading sieve rules which reject
>>message based on info available at "RCPT TO:" point ?
>>First "non reject" or "need information not available yet" sieve rule would
>>stop "envelope based" sieve rules interpretation.
>>[ Reject what you know for sure you will reject later - ASAP reject ]
>>
>>It would be nice to allow sieve reject messages before message body is
>>received. IMHO it is worth to investigate achievable gain/cost.
>
> This would be nice, but as much as sendmail 'abuses' these maps I wonder
> if busier sites would be able to use such maps.

Current sendmail.cf can ask up to 7 virtusertable queries but who said we have
to use maps already existing  in sendmail.cf ?
[e.g. virtusertable or access]

With careful desing of new map queries in sendmail.cf we can reduce number of
queries to single one executed only when "RCPT TO:" is received (in
Scheck_rcpt rule set, no queries during queue runs)

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl [former: anfi at Box43.pl]