sendmail-8.12.6+cyrus-imapd-2.0.17: check presence of the cyrus mailbox during establishing SMTP connection

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Nov 7 13:11:14 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:

> > Now if I get any message with a RCPT TO of "me+spam" it will be rejected
> > if the first test is ignored, even if it shouldn't be.
>
> Let me apply what I suggested to your example:
> first rule uses data not available at "RCPT TO:" stage => "envelope based"
> sieve script interpretation "quits" at this point doing nothing
> [ the script is going to be interpreted fully during LMTP delivery ]

Ok, I misread what you were suggesting.  I still really don't see a huge
advantage here, since the great majority of sieve scripts will be based
off of more than just header information.

In any case, it is unclear what could usefully be done with this, as
reject guarantees that an MDN will be sent, which SMTP error codes do not
do.  A discard action has a similar problem -- you still need to accept
the message but later throw it out.

-Rob