No worthy mechs found

Francesc Guasch frankie at etsetb.upc.es
Wed Nov 5 06:31:39 EST 2003

Hi. I know this has been asked before. I digged the archives
before posting. But I have spent many time trying to fix it
unsuccessfully. Please someone give me a hint.

I can't access to the imap server. I checked the configuration
removed and reinstalled. I've googled and searched the archives
with no luck.

That's the output of the logs:

   No worthy mechs found
   cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory

This is redhat-9. And these are the packages I have installed:

cyrus-imapd-2.1.12-7
cyrus-imapd-devel-2.1.12-7
cyrus-imapd-utils-2.1.12-7
cyrus-sasl-2.1.10-4
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.10-4
cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.10-4
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.10-4
perl-Cyrus-2.1.12-7

This is the config file of imapd.conf
   configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
   partition-default: /var/spool/imap
   admins: cyrus
   sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
   sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
   hashimapspool: true
   sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
   sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
   tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
   tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem

saslauthd is launched with MECH=pam

I got to a point I don't mind the way I do it but I just
need to make it work. Even in a kind of insecure environment
just when we had shadow open read or whatever.

Thank you very much.