Mailbox

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Nov 7 01:35:59 EST 2003

Norman Zhang <nzhang at arkon-group.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a mailbox nzhang by
>
> 1. cyradm localhost
> 2. cm user.nzhang
> 3. quit
> 4. saslpasswd nzhang

Err it should be "saslpasswd2" - otherwise you are using a SASLv1 linked
imap server, e.g. Cyrus 1.6.x...

> But I don't see nzhang created under /var/spool/mail. I did set
> mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail in /etc/postfix/main.cf. Is there
> something trivial that I'm missing? Do I need smtpd.conf (I can't find
> this file)? Won't postfix take care of mail transfer?
>
> mail_transport = lmtp:$myhostname

No...
Use

fallback_transport = lmtp:unix:/path/to/your/lmtp/socket/lmtp

if you want to get mail delivered in your cyrus imap spool and local unix
users will still have their /var/spool/mail-Files.

The Cyrus mail system does NOT use normal mailfiles, it has its own spool.

Pascal