deletemailbox: System I/O error

Simon Brady simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
Wed Nov 12 00:09:15 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Denis I. Morozov wrote:

> deletemailbox: System I/O error
> <---
> As my fault, I remove some mail messages from user mailbox
> (/var/spool/imap/user/vvs) manually.
>
> Where I can manually delete this user?

You need to delete them from the mailboxes database: easiest way (although
it involves restarting your server) is to dump the database to text with
ctl_mboxlist -d, edit the output text file and remove all lines referring
to the user, then reimport with ctl_mboxlist -u.

This assumes you want to completely get rid of the user.

Simon Brady                             mailto:simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
ITS Technical Services
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand