read/unread flag per message instead of per user?

Christian Beilstein cbeilstein at gmx.ch
Sun Nov 16 12:44:41 EST 2003

Hello everybody

I know that this question has been asked some time ago in this list, but I
haven't been able to find any answer in your archive or on the net.

My question is:

Is it possible to set the read/unread flag per message (global)? We've got
some shared mailboxes (for some kind of workflow) where the other users
should see whether the owner has read (or e.g. answered) an email or not.
Is it possible to change the default behavior of cyrus (in my case cyrus
2.0.16, running on SuSE Linux 8.0) by configuration file or do I have to
change the source? If yes; how difficult would that be?

Thank you all for your help

Christian