Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.16 Released

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 20 12:21:54 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> I notice that there is a new option "quotawarnkb" for imapd.conf.  I
> looked at the man page:
>
>        quotawarnkb: 0
>             The  maximum amount of free space (in kB) in which to
>             give a quota warning (if this value is 0, or  if  the
>             quota  is smaller than this amount, than warnings are
>             always given).
>
> But I don't understand from this description what the option does.  Can
> someone explain or give an example?

It's another threshold that may be useful for sites that have some users
with very large quotas but many users with much smaller quotas.  So you
can have most users get warned at 10% left, but some users (with, say, 1GB
quotas) get warned only when they have 10MB left:

>From the code that does the comparison:
            /* Warn if the following possibilities occur:
             * - quotawarnkb not set + quotawarn hit
             * - quotawarnkb set larger than mailbox + quotawarn hit
             * - quotawarnkb set + hit + quotawarn hit
             */

-Rob