2.2.2.2.2.2 BETA default domain question

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Thu Nov 27 11:33:54 EST 2003

Hi folks :-)

First of all a BIG thank you to all who are working on Cyrus. It's a great
product and it's made my life much easier! Thanks guys! Now for my
question...

I've been playing with Cyrus 2.2.2-BETA because I need the virtual domain
stuff it's got. However I noticed that no matter what I did, the server's
idea of the default domain always produced paths with:

	johndoe at example1.com
	janedoe at example2.com

	/var/spool/imap/j/user/johndoe
	/var/spool/imap/domain/e/example2.com/j/user/janedoe

whenever I created a user in a domain that ended in the default domain of
the machine (in this example: example1.com). I thought maybe the reverse
name lookup of the machine had something to do with it, so I added manual
entries in the /etc/hosts to try and combat that. I tried other things,
short of setting the hostname on the machine manualy from
this.example1.com to this.this.example1.com. And somehow, I'm not sure
that would work.

Basically what I'd like would be for all the mailboxes, not just
non-local-seeming mailboxes, to be made in the domain hashed heirarchy in
the spool. My reasons are mostly organizational. It just doesn't seem
right that if you're gonna be sorting things by domain that you not
include the default domain in that domain list.

Is there a setting to do this? Or, is there a place in the code that I can
manually break things so that nothing is considered local? I don't really
code, but I understand enough to break things properly :-) So if someone
could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass