imsp and sasl config

Richard Hopkins Richard.Hopkins at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Nov 28 04:19:50 EST 2003

Hi Phil...

--On Thursday, November 27, 2003 7:29 PM +0000 Phil Chambers
<P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk> wrote:

> I made a major typing blunder when I sent this message before!  I missed
> "sasl." out  when I copied my options entries, so that is not my
> solution.  Please take another  look:
>
> I have had a very old IMSP version (pre-SASL) running for years without
> any  problems.  I am trying to get a new version running which uses SASL.
> No problem  building it, but I can't work out what options to put in
> /var/imsp/options!
>
> I am using saslauthd and that is working fine for my IMAP and POP
> processes with
>
>   allowplaintext: yes
>   sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>   sasl_mech_list: plain
>
> in /etc/imapd.conf.
>
> I have the following in my /var/imsp/options:
>
>   imsp.sasl.allowplaintext N +
>   imsp.sasl.pwcheck_method N saslauthd
>   imsp.sasl.mech_list n (plain)
>
> but I get "no mechanism available" when I try to login to IMSP with plain
> text  password.  (CAPABILITY shows AUTH=PLAIN)
>
> What should my IMSP options be please?

(First off I'll mention that you have to use version 1 of SASL with IMSP,
just in case.)

The only SASL related entry I have in my imsp.options file is...

imsp.sasl.allowplaintext N +

I then have the "pwcheck" method stuff in the file
/usr/local/lib/imsp.options, as in...

pwcheck_method: saslauthd

Cheers,

Richard Hopkins,