Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.13 Released

Bob Tito lists at magicfingers.org
Fri May 2 16:50:49 EDT 2003

Ken Murchison said:

> Bob Tito wrote:
>> Rob Siemborski said:

>>>I'm pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.13.  This release
>>>is almost entirely a bugfix and stabilization release.  It also includes
>>>the results of an ongoing independent audit of the code by
>>>Security Appraisers and Bynari.
>>

>> Hi, i think this is very good news!..
>> I already installed this (was just in the process of upgrading openssl
>> and
>> others) but i'd like to give one word of warning..
>>
>> A couple of weeks ago i started to use altnamespace. This was no
>> problem,
>> but with the upgrade to 2.1.3 all sievescripts stopped working!
>>
>> the^alt^namespace conversion is now also implemented in the sieve dir
>> ;-0
>> .. simple solution is to rename the sievedirs, but can be a pain in the
>> ..s if you have a lot of users and also have altnamespace on ..
>
> What exectly are you talking about?  Altnamespace should have no effect
> on the sievedirs, only the contents of the scripts.  As far as upgrading
> the scripts, from install-upgrade.html:
>
> Upgrading from 2.0.16 or earlier
>
> #  If you use timsieved to manage Sieve scripts, and have enabled the
> alternate namespace and/or the Unix hierarchy separator, run the script
> "tools/translatesieve". This script will translate the folder names in
> fileinto actions.

Hi Kenneth,

Most probably i am to blame here, but i'll try to explain (and translate
at the same time ;-))

Using 2.1.12 i decided to set the option altnamespace.

This caused no problem and all scripts were working and were placed in
/usr/sieve/?/virt.user.name

When is upgraded to 2.1.13 suddenly the scripts were expected in
/usr/sieve/?/virt^user^name ...

After renaming the dirs to this 'style' all scripts are working again.

Probably i am to blame here, but hey i use Cyrus for a month now ;-)
BUT... a lot of people are starting to use cyrus because of the ease of
web-cyradm and its how-to and might get similar problems ?

I am not sure what is the real cause, i'd rather leave that to the
experts, but i thought i should mention it ...

Best regards, Bob