case sensitive of email address

Ted Fines fines at Macalester.edu
Mon May 5 12:38:08 EDT 2003

It wasn't always this way.  There used to be some systems that had case
sensitive email addresses.  Not surprising, since many of the early ones
were on Unix.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were still some around.

Likewise, URLs can be case sensitive too.  Most web servers (Apache) have
just been reconfigured to be case insensitive.