Cyrus 2.2?

Igor Brezac igor at ipass.net
Fri May 9 14:45:48 EDT 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Fri, 9 May 2003, Igor Brezac wrote:
>
> > > Hmmm, I can't replicate this with either KERBEROS_V4 or DIGEST-MD5.  Do
> > > you know what mechanism you're using?
> >
> > Try PLAIN.
>
> Works for me.  Maybe you could get a protocol dump?
>
> % sieveshell -u rjs3 -a acm gobo
> connecting to gobo
> Please enter your password:
> > list
> rjs3  <- active script
> comp
> vac
> notify
> >

> May  9 12:51:49 gobo testPrefix/sieve[15584]: login:
> GOBO.andrew.cmu.edu[128.2.120.172] rjs3 PLAIN User logged in

I stand corrected.  A few notes: the 'acm' admin mailbox needs to exist.
Sieveshell will try all available mechs until one works.  In my case, it
tries LOGIN first, then it falls back to PLAIN.  LOGIN does not allow
proxy logins.  Fortunately, sieveshell will prompt for the password for
each mech, so I just typed a bogus password during the first password
prompt.  I'd be nice if sieveshell would take --mech param.

--
Igor