Seperate Cyrus

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Wed May 14 02:24:19 EDT 2003

Patrick Nelson wrote:

>Wow...  Got my system working great...  RH9 and Cyrus 2.1.13!
>
>Was thinking...  Would it be possible to have sendmail on one system and
>cyrus on another.  This solution is probably simple and/or standard.

You can use the cyrusv2.mc mailer to connect to cyrus' lmtp port...
Have a look at cf/mailer/cyrusv2.mc and change the default
/var/imap/socket/lmtp unix socket to some lmtp port on a foreign
machine! For this you will have to active lmtp service in cyrus.conf and
not just lmtpunix service on the machine cyrus is running on.

--Christian