Seperate Cyrus

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed May 14 11:31:31 EDT 2003

Christian Schulte wrote:
> Patrick Nelson wrote:
>
>> Wow...  Got my system working great...  RH9 and Cyrus 2.1.13!
>>
>> Was thinking...  Would it be possible to have sendmail on one system and
>> cyrus on another.  This solution is probably simple and/or standard.
>>

> You can use the cyrusv2.mc mailer to connect to cyrus' lmtp port...
> Have a look at cf/mailer/cyrusv2.mc and change the default
> /var/imap/socket/lmtp unix socket to some lmtp port on a foreign
> machine! For this you will have to active lmtp service in cyrus.conf and
> not just lmtpunix service on the machine cyrus is running on.

No!  You shouldn't hack the cyrusv2.mc file itself.  Its setup to be
configurable from your sendmail.mc (or whatever you call it).  Please
read cf/README in the Sendmail distro.  All you need to do is define
CYRUSV2_MAILER_ARGS to be something like `TCP $h lmtp'

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127