Which filesystem to use with cyrus

Alessandro Oliveira alessandro.o at nunoferreira.com.br
Mon May 19 13:04:46 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a dell 2600 server with 1Gb of RAM and 2 disk arrays, one with 3
36Gb disks and the other with 3 73Gb disks for the (140Gb) /var/spool
filesystem, I'm using ext3 in all partitions, but I think that ext3
makes /var/spool unecessarily slow, and I'd like to know which
filesystem is better to use in this case, or even better which
parameters I could change in order to improve performance. I'm using Red
Hat Linux 7.3 with all the latest patches, including kernel-2.4.20 from
redhat.

--
Best Regards,

Alessandro Oliveira
Nuno Ferreira Cargas Internacionais Ltda.
Phone: +55-11-3241-2000
Fax  : +55-11-3242-9891

Micro$oft is not the answer. Micro$oft is the question. The answer is NO!!!