Cyrus ACL Query and Mulberry

Carl P. Corliss rabbitt at xaraya.com
Tue May 20 14:07:50 EDT 2003

On Thursday 22 May 2003 08:04 pm, Lee Cashmore wrote:
> We are running Cyrus 2.1.11 and have 3000+ users on the system. We get
> requests from time to time to deny some students access to their email
> for misuse of the system etc.....
>
> I have been modifying the ACL's on a users account to do this but have
> hit upon a problem an example of which is shown below :
>

> mailbox  for a user
>
> user.fred
>
> acl permissions set on the mailbox are
>
> fred lrswipcda

why don't you just take all rights away.

via cyradmn it would be:

setaclmailbox user.fred.INBOX fred none

or

setaclmailbox user.fred.INBOX fred -lrswipcda

the A or Administer acl flag is for allowing a user to set their own acl's so,
if you want to just take that priviledge away, just remove the a flag from
their rights.

cheers,

--
Carl P. Corliss