DBERROR db4: /var/lib/imap/db/__db.001: unable to initializeenvironment lock: Function not implemented

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Tue May 27 01:59:02 EDT 2003

Mobeen Azhar schrieb:

> The _only_ time I saw problems with skiplist was when using skiplist for the
> tls_cache _and_ actually have TLS clients connect to the server.  Other than
> that once scenario skiplist worked fine everywhere else.  You are using
> skiplist for tls_cache and have clients connect using TLS with no issues?
> If so, then it might just be a problem on RH 9.0 (which would not surprise
> me - RH 9.0 should never have been released!).

It's not all that bad! Sure, they have broken db4 but despite that, it
works fine for cyrus-imapd.
I don't think the skiplist problem is true. There are many users using
my cyrus-imapd rpms on RedHat 9 and they use it with skiplist without
any problem. Of course the rpms use skiplist only for the recommended
backends.

Simon