wishlist for 2.2 final

Jure Pecar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Wed May 28 22:23:34 EDT 2003

OK, after running 2.2a in production for two months and just finished
recovering from an ugly disk crash & corruption, here are some of my whishes
for 2.2 final:

* figure out db3 lockers. i see some work here by igor brezac; igor, does
your patch solve the issue entirely?

* option (something like -v) for ctl_* and reconstruct tools to be way more
verbose; when admin feels that some tool is misbehaving, an option like this
could save hours of figuring out what's going on.

* timsieved to allow admin user to set users' scripts. i think this was
mentioned some time ago already.

anything else on the CMU's list before 2.2? and, any ETA for 2.2? :)

after i get our system's hardware in order i'll take a look at making
reconstruct.c more verbose ...

--

Jure Pecar