Sieve problem

Rob Siemborski rjs3 at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Mar 9 14:52:57 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 dimon at intellinetinc.com wrote:

> I've setup cyrus IMAP with sieve a few weeks ago. It works just fine for me!
> But I couldn't find info how I can have global sieve rules. Is there a way to
> set up global rules for all users defined by administrator? I want sometimes
> change some rules for all my users, but going to each users folder is not a
> good idea at all. And I'd also like my users to override global rules by
> setting theit own. I couldn't find anything about that.

You can't do this (well, other than by adding stuff to each user's sieve
script).

There's a number of implementation questions (does the global override the
user specific?  what if there's a fileinto for a folder that a user's
deleted or never created? should it be created?), among others.

Also, may times people want this for shared folders, which also isn't
clear how to implement.

-Rob

Rob Siemborski * Andrew Systems Group * Cyert Hall 207 * 412-268-7456
Research Systems Programmer * /usr/contributed Gatekeeper