Sieve problem

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sun Mar 9 20:32:34 EST 2003

Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, John A. Tamplin wrote:
>

>>Would it be feasible to add an include or call facility into sieve?
>

> This is something I've been interested in for a while, I just haven't had
> time to throw together an I-D for it.
>
> I hadn't thought of letting it include scripts outside of the user's
> personal set though.

I've actually gone so far as to add such a facility to the yacc parser.
  The problem is, does an included script have to be a syntactically
valid standalone script (including all necessary "require"s)?  If so,
then we have to change the existing parser to accept "require" anywhere
in a script.  If not, then we have to change the parser to not require
"require" before an optional facility is used.

[...]

IMO, the only reasonable way to associate global scripts is to assign
one script to the "bb" user (or whichever userid is used to post to
shared folders).  This has the downside of running the script for every
shared folder, but the alternative is to have a whole bunch of
mini-scripts floating around.  Perhaps we could add a mailbox annotation
to those mailboxes that we want to run the script?

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127