Restricted posting to bulletin board

Michael Bacon baconm at duke.edu
Mon Mar 3 21:30:20 EST 2003

I'm closed to blind from upgrading sendmail all day, but I'll see if I can
answer your question:

You'll need to establish some "AuthInfo" in sendmail to pass along to LMTP.
The easiest and best way to do this is with special tags in the access
database.  Here's some tips for doing that:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/sm-812.html#812AUTH

In other words, you'll want to set up an lmtpadmin in the imapd.conf, and
give that user a way to authenticate.  (In the simplest sense, user
"sendmail" with a password.)  Then, you'll specify that information in the
access database with a line that looks something like:

AuthInfo:localhost "U:sendmail" "I:sendmail" "P:password"
"M:YOURFAVORITESASLMECH"

That's the heart of it.  You may need to do a few more steps, but that
should get you started.

Michael

--On Sunday, March 02, 2003 22:38:10 -0500 "J. Eckard" <joe at oldglory.com>